We are regulated by OISC Licence No F201800051. Book your appointment with confidence.

  • Call Us 01234962804
  • Our Address 93 Ford End Road, Bedford, MK40 4JT
  • Working Hours Mon - Sat, 10AM to 6PM

to bring my family to the uk


to bring my family to the uk

EEA Applications

If you are EEA National or family member you can live and work in the UK under EEA immigration regulation 2016.

The different types of EEA Applications

  • Registration Certificate
  • Permanent Certifying Document
  • Direct Family Member, Resident Permit 5 Years
  • Extended Family Member
  • Permanent Resident after 5 Years
  • British Nationality

As UK will leave EU on 29 March 2019 from this date EU national needs to apply for Settle or Pre-Settle status to live in the UK.


This certificate is needed for those people who have EU passport.

If you are a qualified person (Working, Student, Job Seeker, Self Sufficient or Self Employed) in the UK you can apply for a registration certificate.


A family member of EU National can live in the UK permanently if they are financially dependent upon you.

EU family member can apply for a visa from outside the UK if they granted the visa then they will get 6 months multiple visas on the passport, once they reached in the UK can apply for a resident permit. Resident card normally issued for 5 years.

You have to provide required documents to prove EU family member relationship and are wholly & financially dependent upon you.

Direct family members are a spouse, civil partner, dependent direct descendants, and children under 21 years old, parents and grandparents.

There is no HO fee if you are applying as an EU family member visa from outside of the UK.

Once you arrived in the UK you can get UK residence card but you have to pay Fee of £65 each.

Permanent Residence

This option is available for EEA Nationals and their family members freeing them from immigration restrictions. As a result of living in the UK for a continuous period of 5 years or more as an EEA national, you can apply for authentication of your right to permanent residence in the UK.

Permanent Residence also known as PR is a document provided to an immigrant under the EEA rules 2016.

  • If EU national and family member can apply PR after 5 years residing in the UK. You have to provide a record of employment or self-sufficient from last 5 years by providing Bank Statements and P60s.
  • You can apply British Nationality after having PR status after 5 years of legal residing as a qualified person.

Processing time

EEA Permanent Residence applications have to be processed within 6 Months according to EU law. If you have applied for visa or permit under EEA or EEA family member category than visa processing time is about 120 day.

  • For a 5 Year Residence Card the average waiting time was 125 Days.
  • Visa process time is around the 6 month EU requirement for them to be processed.

You Application can be delayed

Your Application can be delayed. If you want to speed up the Permanent Residence Application you should:

  • Ensure the application form is completed correctly and the right form is used.
  • Make sure you have provided all required documents as per HO Policy.
  • You have to make sure to provide all correct and relevant documents for UK EEA or Family permit or residence card.
  • applying over holiday periods such as Christmas and New Year can cause a delay to decide your visa application.
  • Fee not paid or used incomplete payment details.
  • Form is incomplete or completed wrongly.

Main Documents for EU family Visa

  1. Marriage certificate, birth certificate or other evidence of a family link)
  2. Residing lawfully in the UK and Qualified person.
  3. Birth Certificates.
  4. Proof of financially depends upon EU national.
  5. Children school letters.
  6. Utility bills show same address as EU national if in the UK.
  7. Neither the applicant nor the EEA national should be excluded from the UK on the grounds of public policy, public security or public health.

It is important not to test overall intentions in accessing applications for an EEA family permit. EEA National has 3 months initial period after UK arrival.

 List of EEA Countries

  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Bulgaria
  • Cyprus
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Hungary
  • Iceland
  • Republic of Ireland
  • Italy
  • Latvia
  • Liechtenstein
  • Lithuania
  • Luxembourg
  • Malta
  • the Netherlands
  • Norway
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Romania
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • UK
  • NB while Switzerland is not in the EEA, Swiss nationals has the same rights as EEA nationals.

if you are seeking professional advice about your status or which type of visa you require and information about documents for visa, please book appointment with one of experienced member of team.